Wednesday 24 September 2008

Sex! Drugs! Violence! My kinda DS game!

Dan Houser, one of the Dons of Rockstar games, has said today that the DS version of GTA will not be the watered down, nimbly-pimbly effort that we all feared it would be when its existence was announced at E3.

Speaking to Edge Magazine, Houser stated that GTA : Chinatown Wars "can’t be softened to make it family-friendly – that’s not the game we’re making. We’ve never not done well by sticking to our guns.”
Never not done well, eh?

Houser also revealed that everyone's favourite nimbly-pimbly, watered down game company are totally down with the mature direction they are taking, "Nintendo wanted us to make GTA, and we wanted to make a game on their platform. They didn’t want us to make a GTA for kids, and we weren’t interested in making a game we wouldn’t normally make.”

This news is hardly surprising given that Rockstar are hardly renowned for compromising on their games (Manhunt, Bully) and that there are already a number of mature rated games on the DS (Dementium : The Ward, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil : Deadly Silence), but im sure that this is a fact that The Mail will gleefully ignore if they ever get hold of this info. Shhhh, please don't tell them....

I am aware that my burgeoning blog is turning into a GTA : Chinatown forum for my excited DS sandbox rantings, but I will make sure I will write about something else soon. Maybe about how tickled I am that Phoenix Wright : Trials and Tribulations is coming to Europe next week. It's almost time to stand in my underwear and shouting "objection!" at my DS again. I cannot wait.

UPDATE 25/09/2008 2241 : Oh golly gosh. It looks like the Sun got there first, proclaiming "FURY OVER DRUG DEAL VID GAME".

No comments: